Did you know that January is National Soup Month? It makes perfect sense because much of the country is still experiencing chilly weather. There’s not a better meal to warm up with than a hearty bowl of soup!
This post is in partnership with Idahoan® Foods. All opinions are my own.
Personally, I’m a fan of thick and creamy soups with potatoes and/or cheese….like the one’s you get at a steakhouse! The only downside to getting a really good bowl of restaurant quality soup is the, often tedious, process of getting everyone together to go out to dinner, or spending a ridiculous amount of time in front of the stove to prepare it from scratch. Neither of which are particularly inviting when my soup cravings hit.
Idahoan® must understand my dilemma. They have delicious Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups that can be prepared in just 5 minutes and taste like restaurant-quality soup. Yes, you read that right— 5 minutes on the stove-top with water!
Because it’s National Soup Month, I just had to try Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups for myself. There are four delicious varieties: Cheddar Broccoli, Creamy Potato, Loaded Potato and Three Cheese Chipotle.
I chose Cheddar Broccoli for my first batch of soup because it’s a family favorite. To make the soup into more of a meal, I served it with quick & easy Cheesy Pull Apart Bread (recipe below!).
My family went crazy for Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup! It really only took 5 minutes to prepare (though I let it simmer a little longer while I made the Cheesy bread), and the taste was deliciously creamy and satisfying— We can’t wait to try the other varieties!
Cheesy Pull Apart Bread Recipe
- Large loaf of crusty bread
- 8oz sliced Cheddar cheese cut into small squares (or cheese of choice)
- ¼ – ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or melted butter)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- With serrated knife, cut bread lengthwise and then crosswise, making sure not to cut through to the other side.
- Stuff each open slot with a square of cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic and parsley.
- Drizzle entire loaf with olive oil mixture.
- Wrap load of bread in aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, or until bread is toasty and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Feel free to post this image on Pinterest – Just hover over the image and click “