Valentine’s Day is just about to creep up on us, and if you’re looking for a last minute treat to make for your sweetie, Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies are always a big hit. I used to shy away from dipping goodies in chocolate because the result was usually a thick, glumpy mess. It wasn’t until I discovered the secret — coconut oil! — and my luck with melting chocolate turned around … now there’s nothing that I won’t dip!
Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies Recipe
- 1 bag Double Stuf Oreo Cookies
- 1 bag white Wilton Candy Melts
- Red or pink food coloring (if desired)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Parchment paper
- Melt one bag of Wilton Candy Melts in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, the microwave method can be used. I tried both and the double boiler is superior. You can easily make your own double boiler with a saucepan and a heatproof bowl (glass, metal, Pyrex). Fill the saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Place heatproof bowl with melting chocolate on top on saucepan, making sure the bowl fits snugly.
- Add 2 tablespoons coconut oil to melted chocolate. Stir. The coconut oil is my secret ingredient for the perfect melting chocolate. The oil adds a slight coconut flavor, which I found to be very yummy!
- Optional: Insert a lollipop stick into the cookie prior to dipping for Oreo Cookie Pops.
- Dip Oreo Cookies, one by one, into the melted chocolate. Set on parchment paper and add sprinkles. If you want to add a few drops of red or pink food coloring to the chocolate, do this after you have dipped all of your white chocolate cookies.
- Let set to harden or transfer to fridge for quick set.
Happy Valentine’s Day!