Over the past two years my carry-on luggage has taken a beating. I wasn't in the market for a whole new set since my most used piece is the 21" rolling suitcase --the regulation size for a carry-on on most airlines.
Luggage is not an everyday purchase for me, and seeing my current set was a wedding present, I was shocked at some of the prices retailers were asking for a simple carry-on bag. I wasn't looking for something cheap, because it is true you get what you pay for, but I wanted something sturdy and reasonable, with options to add on if need be.
I came across Atlantic Luggage when I posted about a contest they were hosting (now over), which was geared toward families. After looking further into the brand I realized they offered a collection of lightweight and affordable bags -- which was exactly what I was looking for!
I was offered the Atlantic 21" Expandable Carry-On Spinner Suiter to review. I've been using it for a few months now and I couldn't be more pleased. The Atlantic Compass 2 Carry-On was exactly what I was looking for. Due to its size, I've been able to carry and store it on every flight with ease. My favorite feature would have to be the 4-wheel spinners. Previously, I only had to two wheels on my carry-on, which did not spin. The difference has been dramatic! I can't believe how quickly I can get out of the plane and through the airport with the addition of two wheels that spin 360 degrees. I will never purchase another piece of luggage without this feature.
Here are a few more details on the 21" Compass 2 Spinner from Atlantic Luggage:
- Rugged, high-sheen polyester fabric provides exceptional resistance to wear and tear.
- Honeycomb Framing System and EVA foam construction provide exceptional lightweight durability.
- Skid guards, wheel housings and corner guards protect against potential damage during travel.
- Self-repairing zipper system ensures flawless operation and consistent closures.
- Large rear wheels make Spinners extra flexible, switching effortlessly from rolling upright beside you to being pulled behind.
- Large zippered front pocket provides storage for laptops, newspapers, magazines, paperwork, coats, sweaters and any last minute items.
- Second front pocket provides quick access to a wallet, passport, iPod, keys and airline tickets.
- Detachable Add-A-Bag strap provides multiple carrying and balancing options for additional totes and cases.
- Carry handles on three sides make it easy to lift into and out of cars and airplane overheads.
- Roomy main compartment expands 2½" maximizing space and packing flexibility.
- Lightweight garment sleeve reduces wrinkling of clothes
- Multiple interior pockets easily store electronic cables, power cords, iPod chargers or socks, ties and belts for handy retrieval.
I've taken the Atlantic Compass Carry-On on a few trips since I received it. Recently, it passed the ultimate test on a 7-day cruise from Galveston, Texas. Yes, I brought only a carry-on for a 7-day cruise with flights.
My motto for packing is: If it doesn't fit in a carry-on, I don't need it. I follow this motto for many reasons, but mainly because I'm cheap and I don't want to waste money on baggage fees, and I prefer to have access to my bag at all times.
Believe it or not, I packed more than I needed into my Atlantic Carry-On ... and I never wore the same thing twice!
I was impressed with how much I got in there!
I'm loving my new suitcase so much, I'm going to purchase the matching shoulder tote, which can easily be snapped on to the top of the carry-on for easier handling.
The best part may just be the price. I found the Atlantic 21" Spinner on Amazon and the Shoulder Bag. With these two pieces, I will have no excuse for my luggage when I find a good travel deal from sites like Hotel Club Melbourne.