This post is brought to you by Amazon in partnership with Forward Influence. All opinions are my own.
You might have noticed a really fun campaign that was running by Amazon last year for Halloween where DIY influencers created costumes, AKA Boxtumes, made out of Amazon Prime smile boxes.
I’m an avid Amazon Prime shopper (you can’t beat free two-day shipping!), and I receive a ton of boxes from my purchases. What better way is there to reuse an Amazon Prime box than to create a costume of out it for Halloween!?
Last year my daughter already has her costume picked out, so we just browsed all of the cute Boxtume ideas. But this year it was totally on!
My daughter and I are thrilled to get on board the Boxtumes trend this year by making our own DIY costume out of an Amazon Prime Smile Box.
I let her take the wheel with the idea and helped her with the execution to make...get ready for this...a box of Florida Oranges!
We’re native Floridians so it was a clever choice!
Here’s how it all went down.
How to Make a Crate of Florida Oranges Boxtume
Florida Oranges Boxtume Materials:
- Medium Amazon Prime box
- Small Amazon Prime box
- Amazon Packing Tape
- Wood grain contact paper
- Sticker letters to spell out “Greeting from Florida”
- Small orange colored balloons
- Green tissue paper
- Clear packing tape
- Box Cutter
1. Wrap a medium-sized Amazon Prime Smile box in wood grain contact paper so it resembles a wooden crate.
2. Add sticker letters to the front of the box to say “Greetings from Florida”.
3. Use a box cutter or scissors to cut out the Amazon Prime Smile logo from a small Amazon Prime box.
4. Glue Amazon Smile logo under the word “Florida” (or anywhere else you’d like).
5. Cut off the top flaps of the large box. Tuck the bottom flaps into the box to give it support.
6. Take the two longer flaps and cut out a “U” shape, so the wearer of the boxtume can fit inside of it.
7. Attach flaps with clear packing tape approximately 2” down inside the top of the box. Make sure to tape both the top and bottom so that the flaps are flexible yet firm. This creates a shelf for the oranges that will be added later.
8. Test the fit.
9. Use the Amazon packing tape to make straps for the boxtume. Staple strips of Amazon packing tape to the desired length, crisscrossing in the back for a more secure fit. Ideally, you’ll have the wearer in the boxtume while you add the straps.
10. Tape bundles of green tissue paper strips onto the top flaps.
11. Blow up orange balloons until they are the size of large oranges. Tie and tape onto tissue paper until the box looks full.
12. Add any finishing touches you’d like - the Box of Florida Oranges Boxtume is ready to wear!
I can honestly say making this boxtume was one of the most fun projects that my daughter and I have done together, and we’re both so happy with the results!
Amazon is my go-to for just about everything! Amazon Prime’s fast and free shipping is super convenient, and the prices and inventory are hard to beat...I really don’t know what I would do without the service because I use it so much!
If you want to get creative this Halloween, consider making a boxtume out of an Amazon Prime box-- it’s easy, affordable and guaranteed to be one-of-a-kind!
This came out so cute! My kids would fill them with water though.
Oh my goodness I LOVE this!!! I'm a Florida native of almost 30 years and now live in the cold Midwest. There's nothing like a box of fresh Florida oranges!!!