Please note that this post was originally written in 2008. I don't have any interest in this topic today.
I watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 all the time, but I have to admit as time goes on I have began to really dislike Kate Gosselin and the show.
1. First and foremost Kate expects everything to be given to them for free, and though she gets everything, she acts completely ungrateful.
2. Kate kicks Aunt Jodie off the show because she doesn't want her getting paid for her appearances. Kate is only happy when she's the one getting paid.
3. Kate's fertility issues are a bit sketchy. Having PCOS myself and been through multiple fertility treatments, it's a topic I know a bit about. No reputable Dr. would have proceed with an IUI without proper monitoring.
4. Pretends to eat only organic food when it's obvious she doesn't.
5. Seriously needs to get on medication for her OCD.
6. Claims the children have no colleges funds set up on their website; however the Governor of Pennsylvania gifted this back in 2005.
8. Shows favoritism to the girls.
9. Who doesn't let their kids eat the cupcakes they made for their birthday?
10. Charging $20 cash at their appearances for autographed pictures. This is in addition to the "Love Offerings" that are collected and the $25,000 appearance fee they require to speak at churches and other events.
11. Treats Jon like he is a child.
12. Complains about cleanliness but leaves pee in the potty chairs all over the house.
13. Has made comments like, "society has a responsibility to help with the children, since modern medicine promotes the use of fertility drugs, which can lead to multiple births".
Get ready for next season when Jon and Kate renew their vows in Hawaii and move into their million dollar home.
Edited to add: I do not fault the Gosselins for accepting freebies and getting paid gigs, my #1 complaint is Kate's attitude and ungratefulness that has resulted from this. It seems now she has come to expect everything and gives off an "I'm better than you" attitude.