Did you know that 79% of Americans, including 92% of parents, wish it were easier to recreate a steakhouse experience at home1?
This post is in partnership with Idahoan® Foods. All opinions are my own.
I know that I’m a part of the majority of this statistic. At heart, I’m really a homebody, and it takes a lot for me to get the family dressed up for a fancy night out. Even special occasions, more often than not, are spent at home by my family. One of the reasons is cost— I can prepare an entire gourmet meal, including an appetizer, steak and side for everyone, for the price of one steak dinner at a nice steakhouse. When you factor in the time to get dressed, traffic to get across town, and time waiting for a table, it just makes sense to stay in!
Now, I know what you’re thinking— yes, it’s easier to stay home and recreate your own steakhouse experience…. but what about taste? I used to be in that camp where I was confident that no matter what I prepared at home, it would never taste as good a restaurant. Steak is especially hard to master, and then there are all the yummy appetizers (that most of us love even more than the entree!).
Thanks to Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soup, you can now make delicious steakhouse-quality soup in just 5 minutes! I’m talking Creamy Potato, Three Cheese Chipotle, Cheddar Broccoli and Loaded Potato— Thick and creamy, just like you’d get in a restaurant!
Pairing one of the Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups with a yummy steak and side is an easy way to bring the steakhouse experience home. I recently made my family a complete gourmet dinner in less than 30 minutes with Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse®Potato Soup as the star. Here’s how:
Start with your favorite Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soup — I went with Loaded Potato…. Mmmmm.
Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups take only minutes to prepare with water on the stove. Filled with real Idaho® red potatoes and red potato skins, these hearty soups deliver exceptional taste and texture in every spoonful.
Tip: After preparation, leave soup on low to thicken up before serving.
If you really want to GO BIG and have the full steakhouse experience, you must use this preparation for the ultimate steak dinner using a cast iron skillet. Just trust me. This method is tried and true.
How to Cook the Perfect Steak at Home
- 2 Ribeye Steaks (or steak cut of choice)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Take steaks out of fridge and liberally season with salt and pepper. Let sit on counter for 45-60 minutes, until they reach room temperature (or close to it). You can place paper towels on bottom and top of each steak to absorb additional moisture. Replace as necessary.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place seasoned cast-iron skillet in oven.
- When ready to cook steaks, carefully remove cast iron skillet from oven and place on stove set to medium-high heat.
- Carefully add 1 tbsp oil. The pan will be very hot!! Open windows or doors if needed.
- Place steaks into cast iron skillet (up to two at a time).
- Cook for two minutes each side, letting them get a nice char.
- Transfer the pan back into the oven an cook an additional 2-4 minutes. Two minutes will give you a nice medium-rare, while 4 is closer to medium. Carefully test for doneness with finger if needed.
- Remove skillet. Using tongs, transfer steaks to cutting board to rest for 5-10 minutes. Tent with aluminum foil. This will redistribute juices.
- Add a tablespoon of butter before serving.
Serve steak and Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soup with your family’s favorite side for the ultimate steakhouse experience at home! It really is that easy!
1Wakefield Research Survey conducted between August 31 and September 6, 2016 among 1,000 nationally representative U.S. adults ages 18+. Survey sponsored by Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups.