St. Patrick’s Day themed treats are quickly becoming one of my favorite desserts to make. Nine times out of ten they’re chocolate-mint flavored, and I just can’t get enough of the combo! Today I have a scrumptious cookie bar recipe made with Mint Oreo cookies and M&M’s Chocolate Candies— can you say DELISH!?
This Mint Oreo Cookie Bars Recipe is really easy to make considering it’s completely homemade except for the candy. Make up a batch or two to share for St. Patrick’s Day… I bet you’ll have a bit of luck come your way this holiday!
Mint Oreo Cookie Bars Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 18 Mint Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Green M&M’s (may use original chocolate or mint flavored)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8x8 baking pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with aluminum foil for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add melted butter (slightly cooled), egg, brown sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add the flour and salt – stirring just until combined.
- Incorporate the crushed Mint Oreos, followed by the M&M’s.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Spread it so it is evenly distributed and reaches the edges of the pan. Optional: To make your cookie bars even more appealing, you may place a few extra M&M’s and crushed Oreo’s strategically on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 18-21 minutes, or until center is done. Allow the bars to cool for 60 minutes on a wire rack. They will firm up as they cool.
- Place the bars on a cutting board and using a sharp knife – cut into either 9 or 12 squares.
- *Store bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.