This post brought to you by Fresh From Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
It's strawberry season in Florida! That means we have an abundance of plump and juicy strawberries at the peak of their freshness ... is there a most delectable berry? I don't think so!
I love strawberries because they're so versatile. You can eat them plain for a healthy snack. Dip them in chocolate for a decadent treat. Or layer them with whipped cream and cream cheese for a light and fluffy Florida Strawberry Parfait.
Looks yummy, doesn't it? Well, you're in luck! The nice people at Fresh From Florida are allowing me to share the recipe for one of their most popular strawberry desserts.
Florida Strawberry Parfait Recipe
- 2 cups fresh Florida strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, whipped
- 2 tablespoons natural Florida sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 4 graham crackers, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 sprigs fresh mint for garnish
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine whipped cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice.
- Fold the yogurt into the cream cheese mixture.
- In four wide-mouth glasses, evenly layer cream cheese mixture, strawberries and crushed graham crackers.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint. Serve chilled.
I have yet to try this strawberry dessert, but I know I would enjoy it. Since low-fat cream cheese and yogurt are used, it's a healthier take on an indulgent treat.
We Floridians take our strawberries so seriously that we have a world-renowned festival every February-March to celebrate strawberry season. The Florida Strawberry Festival is in Plant City, FL, and for nearly 80 years has preserved the agricultural and historical legacy of the Florida strawberry. If you ever get the chance to visit, you won't be disappointed — there are big-name concerts, rides, games, and best of all ... STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE! I just love strawberry season in Florida!
What's your favorite recipe made with Florida strawberries?