Sometimes, meals with the most basic, fresh ingredients are the most delicious. Take my absolute favorite, any-day-of-the-week, lunch: Greek Pita Pizza.
This meal --and believe me, it's a meal-- is comprised of only a few ingredients, but the flavor is out of this world! Technically not a pizza, except for the shape of the crust, this dish is more salad-- but, the mixture of the veggies, feta, oil/vinegar and pita is just to perfect not to love every single bite!
Ingredients (serves 1):
1 piece Pita or Naan Bread
1/2 small cucumber
2 oz feta cheese
1 1/2 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp. Italian seasoning (or to taste)
Sea salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Take slice of pita bread and warm in the oven. I like it to be a little crisp-- this will allow the bread to hold the wet ingredients.
2. Dice tomato and cucumber into small pieces. Add to bowl and sprinkle with sea salt & pepper (to taste). Mix in feta cheese.
3. Using a magic bullet, blender or food processor, blend red wine vinegar, oil and Italian seasoning together until combined. At the last minute add in small amount feta cheese and blend a few more seconds-- this is your dressing.
4. Add dressing to tomato/cucumber mixture and let marinate for a few minutes.
5. Remove pita from oven and spread on a thin layer of hummus (optional). Add tomato/cucumber/feta/dressing mixture on top and serve.
To kick it up another notch, add kalamata olives! Yum!
This looks incredible, love Greek pizza!
OMG yum! That looks like perfection to me!
This is a perfect light meal--I would eat this for lunch every day! 🙂
Yum! I love greek food - especially everything above!
I've worked in Greece at two separate occasions and love the Greek cuisine.
Your post reminds me of my favorite taverna...