There’s an Amish market about 15 minutes from me that makes and sells the most delicious looking Whoopie Pies. So far I’ve resisted; they’re a bit steep at $5 each —and you know I could never buy just one!
A traditional Whoopie Pie consists of two bun-shaped pieces of chocolate cake with a white creamy filling sandwiched in the middle. And while that’s a great combo, I figured if I was going to make Whoopie Pies… why not take it up a notch! Here’s my version, made with brownies & raspberry buttercream, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Heart Shaped Brownie Whoopie Pies Recipe
- 1 box dark chocolate brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup butter; softened
- 4 oz raspberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Prepare brownies according to box directions. Allow to cool.
- Remove from pan and cut as many heart shapes as possible with cookie cutter.
- Puree raspberries in food processor or blender.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and raspberry puree.
- Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer filling to piping bag.
- Pipe filling around the edge of one of the brownie hearts. Then fill in the middle. Top with another brownie heart, gently pressing down to make a sandwich.
- For the finishing touch, dust the tops with powdered sugar.