Be honest-- as much as you love your extended family, whether you're hosting them in your home, or staying with them, it can be overwhelming over the holidays. That’s why Embassy Suites Hotels kicked off More Good Company, a campaign with a mission to spread the word that better holidays come with a little space.
Embassy Suites Hotels collaborated with improv comedian Nate Dern of the Upright Citizens Brigade to show families across the country how to be “good company,” starting with being a hotel guest, not a house guest. Nate recently began his road trip across the country, from New York to Denver, to visit his parents for Thanksgiving. Along the way, he stopped in Washington D.C., Detroit, Chicago and St. Louis to spend an evening with families in their homes. Nate bestowed his good guest know-how on them, including one of the most important “good company” tips of all – that staying at a hotel is the key to happy, stress-free family holidays.
You can join the conversation on the Embassy Suites Facebook page where Nate is tracking his progress and sharing helpful tips on how to be good company. Throughout the holiday season, Embassy Suites will be releasing updates and videos from the trip, so consumers can get an insider peek into the educational (and comical!) interactions with families across the country.
Here are 5 More Good Company Tips from Nate Dern:
- Bring a hostess gift. Don’t dare arrive empty handed!
- Follow your host’s lead. Not everyone texts their way through dinner, so adapt to your surroundings.
- Lend a helping hand. Well don’t just sit there, make yourself useful.
- Opt for a hotel, and eliminate the stress of a full house. Sometimes you just need to take a breather – thank you, spacious two-room suite hotel room.
- Send a hand-written thank you note. It’s as simple as, “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”
Share a tip with me on how to be "good company" and enter to win a free night certificate for Embassy Suites!
Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter: