This post was sponsored on behalf of NIOXIN. All opinions stated are my own.
Over the past few years I've noticed more and more hair loss in the shower. At first I dismissed it as part of the 100 or so strands you naturally lose per day— but then my ponytail wasn't as full as it used to be and I knew something was up. I made an appointment with my doctor to make sure all my hormones and vitamins were in check, and thankfully they were. His conclusion was that I was just getting older and my hair was simply thinning. Insert sad face. Aging is never fun.
I didn't want to settle on the fact that my hair was thinning before my mid-thirties, and looked for a solution to bring back some of the volume that I've lost. My sister told me about NIOXIN and its system for delivering thicker, fuller, denser-looking hair. She recently had a baby and used it, with success, to manage her own hair loss.
I didn't have to wait long to try NIOXIN because I was offered the opportunity to take part in a 30 Day Challenge with one of NIOXIN's System Kits that included shampoo, conditioner and treatment. To find out which kit was right for me I used NIOXIN’s online consultation tool — the quick and easy survey revealed that I needed System Kit 5 for normal to thin-looking, medium to coarse, chemically treated hair.
Over the next 30 days I used NIOXIN System Kit 5 with its cleanser, conditioner and scalp treatment, as well as NIOXIN Night Density Rescue. For hair styling, I used NIOXIN 3D Bodifying Foam.
My first impression of the products was that I loved the scent. I knew the product was working, or at least getting into my scalp, with the slight tingling sensation.
Before NIOXIN 30 Day Challenge
NIOXIN uses advanced technologies to deliver thicker, fuller, denser-looking hair. Their commitment to innovation, supported by 25 years of research, enables them to be able to help more than 3 out of 4 men and women in the U.S. who experienced thinning hair. NIOXIN’s innovative solutions have gained industry recognition year after year. NIOXIN’s advanced technologies provide real solutions for making the most of the hair you have, transforming the hair care industry and bringing hope and confidence to men and women and everywhere.
After NIOXIN 30 Day Challenge
It took a good 2-3 weeks for me to start noticing a difference. The real change was at my scalp— I think it's hard to see in photos, but my hair does seem fuller. I also saw less hair in my shower drain, which was even more indication that the NIOXIN System was working.
I have enjoyed using each of the products and will continue to use the system even now that the challenge is over. I'm excited to see how full my hair will be over the next few months! My favorite products are the shampoo and conditioners (I seriously love the herbal scent!) and the NIOXIN Night Density Rescue, with its floral spa-like fragrance. Here's a little more about NIOXIN and the products, including the ones that I used.
NIOXIN System Kits
Each NIOXIN System Kit addresses three key factors that are crucial in understanding and treating the appearance of thinning hair:  scalp and hair environment,  the role of hair health, and  the change of hair structure over time.
- System Kit 1 – System 1 is specially designed for normal to thin-looking, fine, natural hair. It amplifies hair texture while refreshing the scalp and delivering a healthy shine.
- System Kit 2 – System 2 is a specially designed for noticeably thinning, fine, natural (no chemical processes like color or relaxing) hair. It delivers denser-looking hair and a healthy shine while protecting the scalp.
- System Kit 3 – System 3 is specially designed for normal to thin-looking, fine, chemically treated hair. It amplifies hair texture while refreshing the scalp and providing moisture balanced to colored hair.
- System Kit 4 – System 4 is specially designed for noticeably thinning, fine, chemically treated hair. It delivers denser-looking hair while protecting the scalp and providing moisture balance to colored hair.
- System Kit 5 – System 5 is specially designed for normal to thin-looking, medium to coarse, natural (no chemical processes like color or relaxing) or chemically treated hair. It delivers smoothing control to hair while refreshing the scalp and restoring moisture balance.
- System Kit 6 – System 6 is specially designed for noticeably thinning, medium to coarse, natural (no chemical processes like color or relaxing) or chemically treated hair. It delivers smoothing control to hair while protecting the scalp and restoring moisture balance.
Night Density Rescue Treatment
NIOXIN Night Density Rescue provides a solution to oxidative damage on the scalp surface, caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that in attempt to become more stable, steal electrons from other molecules which results in oxidative damage on the scalp surface, ultimately leading to thinning hair. The powerful antioxidants found in NIOXYDINE24 technology target and neutralize free radicals, minimizing damage. The treatment is designed to be applied at night when the body’s natural repair and cell regeneration functions are stronger.
NIOXIN Bodifying Foam
The redesigned NIOXIN 3D Styling line is consistent with NIOXIN’s overall approach to caring for thinning hair through addressing three aspects of hair thinning – Derma (scalp environment), Hair Density and Hair Diameter.
The key to 3D Styling lies in two advanced technologies that work inside and outside the hair:
- Pro-Thick technology for fuller, thicker looks: A complex of thickening polymers that deposit forming bonds between the strands creating space that gives a thickening appearance. This technology makes the desired style easier to achieve and results in a visual thickening effect on the hair.
- LightPlex™ technology for lightweight effects on thinning hair: A professional technology with polymers and conditioning agents, that provides a lightweight balanced styling without feeling stiff.
NIOXIN is available at salons nationwide. For more information on NIOXIN products and to locate a NIOXIN salon, please visit www.nioxin.com.