Christmas is creeping up awfully fast this year. If you’re like me, then you’re inspired to make holiday themed goodies, but don’t have a lot of extra time to spend in the kitchen baking up treats from scratch. Don’t get me wrong, I always make up a few batches of Christmas cookies and the occasional pie around the holidays, but anything extra is seriously a tight squeeze with wrapping presents, decorating and meal planning— it’s amazing that I even have time for that!
This year I’m taking a simpler approach and I’m putting together a few fun, kid-friendly recipes that take no time at all to prepare. The first treat I’m making are these extremely cute powdered sugar Snowman Donut Pops— with no cooking involved and only a few ingredients, they’ll be a hit at any holiday party or get together.
Snowman Donut Pops Recipe
- 18 Mini Powdered Sugar Donuts
- 2 Fruit By the Foot
- 1/4 cup White Melting Chips
- 12 Skittles
- 2 Orange Starburst
- 6 Lollipop Sticks
- Black Gel Icing
- Heat White Candy Chips in large bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds; stirring and repeating until melted.
- Dip lollipop stick in white chocolate. It will help to act as glue to keep donuts from slipping.
- Push 3 donuts onto stick to form head and body.
- Place a small glob of white chocolate below bottom donut to keep it from sliding.
- Lay donuts flat to set.
- Cut Starburst candy in half, and then cut each half on the diagonal and mold to form carrot shape.
- Cut Fruit by the Foot in about 6" lengths and wrap around snowman to make scarf.
- Using gel icing pipe black dots to make "coal" eyes and mouth.
- Use white chocolate to set Skittles as buttons in 2 bottom body donuts.
- Use white chocolate to set Starburst "carrot" nose in the center of donut head.
- Allow to set & enjoy!