There’s something about a pink cookie, isn’t there? One of my favorite sweet treats from my childhood were these round sugar cookies with pink frosting from a tiny bakery in my hometown. In fact, I still give in to the temptation and get them occasionally when I visit there.
Today, a pink cookie seems festive and fun and just so … Valentine-y. These pink cookies have a great combination of flavors – strawberry and white chocolate. And because they make use of a strawberry cake mix, they go together in a flash – the perfect thing to pull out when you find out at the last-minute that you were assigned to bring treats to a Valentine’s Day classroom party. Strawberry White Chocolate Cake Cookies would also be a great addition to a baby shower table or an Easter brunch.
And just a note here that you don’t have to stop at strawberry. The basic formula in this recipe works with any flavor cake mix – yellow cake with chocolate chips? chocolate with peanut butter? lemon with white chocolate? It’s a quick cookie recipe that can be made to suit any occasion.
Strawberry White Chocolate Cake Cookies Recipe
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 TSP vanilla
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (the paper will keep your cookies from spreading).
- In a small bowl whisk eggs, oil and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together cake mix and baking powder.
- Add egg mixture to cake mixture and stir together until lumps disappear.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Drop round (about 1 tablespoon) balls onto baking sheet. You will want your cookie balls to be taller and less wide.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Be careful to not allow for browning.
- Allow to cool and then transfer to wire rack.