Thanks to Bing for sponsoring this discussion. All opinions are my own.
Can you believe Christmas is almost here? I can’t! This year just flew right by. I admit, I have a lot going on right now and planning for my favorite holiday has taken a backseat. I usually have decorations up, gifts purchased, and menus planned by this time (yes, even before Thanksgiving!).
One of the ways I plan to save time this holiday season is with Bing Smart Search. Bing’s Smart Search is NOT just another search engine. In fact, there’s no need to open a browser— just start typing from the Start screen or swipe from the right wherever you are in Windows 8.1.
I recently used Bing Smart Search to look for an easy recipe for homemade M&M Cookies for Christmas (they’re my daughter’s favorite!). I already run Windows 8.1 on my laptop, so I simply typed “M&M Cookies” on my Start Screen and a great selection of websites with recipes and photos popped up.
I loved how there were screen shots of the most relevant websites. I hate wasting time on “dud” webpages with no photos or real content. Bing Smart Search only showed me the most relevant sites and web images. If I already had a recipe saved on my computer, that would’ve displayed as well.
With so many yummy cookie recipes, it was hard to pick just one— I settled on a recipe with ingredients I had on hand and modified it to my needs. Ready to make some Christmas cookies?
M&M Christmas Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup M&M’s holiday chocolate candies (red and green)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter; softened
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar
- Once combined, add vanilla and eggs
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt
- Combine dry ingredient mixture into wet ingredient mixture and gently fold in M&M's
- Place tablespoon sized drops of mixture onto lined cookie sheet
- Bake 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned
- Cool on wire rack & enjoy!
My cookies came out perfect and I owe it all to Bing Smart Search.
Anyone with a PC or tablet with Windows 8.1 can use Bing’s Smart search … give it a try and tell me what you think!