Carrot Garden Cupcakes are an adorable Spring or Easter Treat. This dessert recipe features chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate pudding center and cute carrot garden candy garnish with edible oreo dirt.
As promised, I'm back with another fun Easter treat. This time I've got a recipe for Spring Cupackes that have a surprise pudding center!
This springtime Carrot Garden Cupcake is a take on dirt pudding cups, but instead of gummy worms, carrot candies are sprouting from crushed Oreo cookie dirt.
Make these for your Easter celebration, or a spring-themed party ... it will be the most delicious dirt dessert you've ever had!
Carrot Garden Cupcakes Recipe
This recipe makes 24 carrot garden cupcakes.
Carrot Garden Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
Pudding for the center:
- 1 box Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 5 cup Powdered Sugar>
- 4 tbsp Milk
Carrot Garden Decorations:
- 24 Oreos (or 1 bag Mini Oreos), crushed
- 72 Orange Mike & Ikes
- 1 package Edible Easter Grass
How to Make Carrot Garden Cupcakes:
1. Make cupcakes according to box directions.
2. Prepare Pudding according to box directions.
3. Cut a small square in the top of each cupcake and remove a chunk from the middle cupcake.
4. Place pudding in a zippered bag and clip corner to pipe.
5. Pipe pudding into the middle of each cupcake.
6. Place the top of the "plug" back on each hole in each cupcake.
7. Cream butter and cocoa together until smooth.
8. Add in powdered sugar.
9. Add milk in slowly until frosting reaches the right consistency.
10. Frost each cupcake.
11. Dust frosting with crushed Oreos.
12. Cut Easter grass into 1" lengths (these are the greens at the end of the carrots).
13. Take a toothpick or skewer and make a hole at the end of each piece of candy and insert some of the greens in each.
14. Stick several carrots down into the top of each cupcake. Enjoy!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs or amount indicated on box
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or amount indicated on box
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter; softened
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 5 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 24 Oreo cookies or 1 bag Mini Oreos; crushed
- 72 Orange Mike & Ike candies
- 1 package edible Easter grass
Make cupcakes & pudding according to box directions.
Cut a small square in the top of each cupcake and remove a chunk from the middle of the cupcake.
Place pudding in a Ziploc bag and clip a small corner with scissors to create a piping bag.
Pipe pudding into the middle of each cupcake.
Place the top of the "plug" back on each hole.
Using a mixer, Cream butter and cocoa powder together until smooth. Add in powdered sugar.
Slowly add milk until buttercream frosting reaches desired consistency.
Frost each cupcake.
Dust frosting with crushed Oreo cookies.
Cut Easter grass into 1" lengths (these are the greens at the end of the carrots).
Take a toothpick or skewer and make a hole in the end of each piece of candy. Insert a few of the greens in each candy.
Stick several carrots down into the top of each cupcake.
Pin this recipe:
Easter Recipes You Might Like:
- Candy Dots on Paper
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Cadbury Caramel Cupcakes
- Whoppers Egg Cupcakes
- Peeps Pudding Cups
These look fabulous! I'll be making them soon! Thanks!
Becca from It's Yummi!
Oh my gosh, these are SUPER cute! Pinned and Stumbled!
These are so adorable! I love how fancy they look but seem so easy to make! I'm totally pinning and sharing this one!!