Monkey bread is a yummy sweet treat that’s super fun to say. I’ve been making monkey bread for years. It’s delicious and easy to make, but using the same recipe over and over can get boring. This time around I decided to make a variation on my family’s favorite sweet bread using Pillsbury Grands! Sweet Rolls.
Monkey Bread Deliciousness with Pillsbury
For a break from the ordinary, I decided to mix things up with an easy Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Recipe. Yes— It IS as delicious as it sounds! Between my family and my business, I don’t have a lot of time, so when I make something, it needs to be quick and simple to prepare.
That’s why I decided to go with this Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread. It has all the yumminess we love about monkey bread with a bonus cream cheese filling. And since I used Pillsbury Grands! Sweet Rolls, I didn’t need any extra sugar or cinnamon. In fact, there are only three ingredients in this recipe!
Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Recipe
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cans 17.5 oz each Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Supreme refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/4 cup butter cut into pieces
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Cut block of cream cheese into 24 equal-sized cubes. (Start by first halving block so that you have 2 thin pieces, and then cut each thin half into 12 equal squares.)
- Set aside icing from cinnamon rolls. Separate each can of dough into 5 rolls; unroll each roll, and cut each in half.
- Take a section of dough and fold it over so you have a rectangle shape that is 1 layer of dough thick. Place a square of cream cheese in the dough; fold over the dough, and gently crimp it around the cream cheese. Repeat with remaining dough pieces.
- Place cream cheese-filled dough balls in pan. Place butter pieces on top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown across top. Cool 10 minutes; run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Place heatproof serving plate over pan and turn over; remove pan. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Drizzle reserved icing over top of bread, allowing some to drizzle down side. Pull apart to serve; serve warm.
Easy as Pie… Er, Monkey Bread
This monkey bread was just my trial run, and although it’s fantastically delicious, I think I can make it even better. That’s the beauty of baking with Pillsbury, especially during the holidays. It’s so easy you can literally bake up batches of deliciousness whenever you feel like it, so you’re ready with the most epic culinary creations when friends or family come to visit.