My daughter is in love with Chocolate Chip Waffles. It's the one breakfast item that she requests again and again. When we got our waffle iron last year, I set out to find the perfect, go-to chocolate chip waffle recipe. Believe me, it was a task easier said than done. I went through and modified dozens of recipes to find one that had the right texture and flavor. All that trial and error was worth it, though, because I FINALLY have the Perfect Chocolate Chip Waffles Recipe. Light and fluffy, with just the right amount of sweetness from the chocolate chips, these waffles are hands-down the best I've ever made— chocolate chip or otherwise. Give them a try and tell me what you think.
Perfect Chocolate Chip Waffles Recipe
Ingredients (Makes 4-5 large waffles)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-½ tablespoons sugar
- 1-½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix milk and either white vinegar or lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and chocolate chips.
- Heat up waffle iron.
- Once 10 minutes have passed, add eggs, melted butter, and vanilla to milk mixture. Whisk thoroughly.
- Slowly combine wet mixture into dry, mixing until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into waffle iron as directed — I used setting 3 to get a light, golden color.
- Serve plain, with whipped cream or maple syrup. You could even have these for dessert with a scoop of ice cream!