This post was sponsored by King’s Hawaiian as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Halloween is almost here! Part of the fun of the Halloween season is enhancing the holiday with new and unique Halloween recipes and themed crafts.
We're big into spooky -- but not too spooky -- Halloween themed treats, and this year we thought a little outside the box by creating an easy Halloween breakfast or dessert with King’s Hawaiian Original Dinner Rolls. YES - DINNER ROLLS!
Our favorite dinner rolls from King’s Hawaiian are so versatile because of their unique, slightly sweet flavor. They can be used in a variety of recipes, ranging from sweet to savory, and always taste delicious.
With a package of King’s Hawaiian Original Dinner Rolls, cream cheese frosting, round chocolate candy and black and white decorating gel, we made Spider Sweet Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting...spookylicious and almost too cute to eat!
- 1 package King’s Hawaiian Original Dinner Rolls
- 1 tub cream cheese frosting
- Round chocolate candy
- Edible black decorating gel
- Edible white decorating gel
- Food coloring (optional)
- Cupcake liners
Substitution: Candy eyes can be used instead of white/black gel combo for spider eyes.
How to Make Spider Sweet Rolls
1. Cut the desired amount of King’s Hawaiian Original Dinner Rolls in half, as if using for a sandwich.
2. Microwave rolls for 15 seconds or until warm but not hot (Only complete this step if serving right away, sweet rolls do not need to be warm to taste delicious).
3. Spread cream cheese frosting between halves of sweet rolls. Place each roll in a cupcake liner.
4. Frost the top of each sweet roll. Use food coloring to tint cream cheese frosting into desired colors. We used red and yellow to make orange and blue and yellow to make green colored frosting.
5. Top each sweet roll with round chocolate candy. Mint chocolate rounds and peanut butter cups are good options.
6. With the edible white gel, create 2 eyes on each candy round. Use edible black gel to add a dot on each eye.
7. Add 8 legs to each chocolate candy round with black decorating gel, so it looks like a spider.
The great thing about these Spider Sweet Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting is that they're easy enough for the kids to decorate on their own. You can make 1-2 rolls at a time because they take less than 5 minutes to make...you can't not love that!
King’s Hawaiian offers a variety of products that make for an exciting mealtime.
Pick up a package of King’s Hawaiian and get creative-- It takes just minutes to create unique and fun Halloween-themed treats!