I don’t know about you, but grocery shopping gets a lot more fun for me when summer turns to fall. Mums, apples, pumpkins and other fall crops fill the produce aisles, and seasonal items with fall flavors start appearing all over the store. One of my favorite aisles to check out in the fall is the candy aisle, to see what kinds of special fall candies are out for Halloween.
Hershey’s has a number of special candies out for Halloween this year, including Kit Kat Halloween Bars, Cadbury Screme Eggs, and Jolly Rancher Caramel Apple Lollipops (all perfect for handing out to trick-or-treaters!) … But the one that caught my eye for baking Halloween and fall-themed goodies was Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses.
I thought it would be fun to put the Pumpkin Spice Kisses inside a baked Halloween treat, so I came up with these Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses Bars. They are like a pumpkin pie bar cookie, with the added surprise of a Pumpkin Spice Kiss in the middle (yum, right!?).
These bars are the perfect TREAT for Halloween parties or sharing with little ghosts and goblins in the neighborhood ...but if you’re a pumpkin lover, like me, they might not last that long!
This recipe was home grown, but if need more inspiration for Halloween crafts, recipes or party ideas using Hershey’s candy, check out Celebrate with Hershey’s.
Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses Bars Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup pumpkin butter (can sub with ½ cup canned pumpkin & 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice)
- 16 Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour an 8×8 pan or line it with parchment.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix melted butter with the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt until dough forms.
- Flatten dough into pan by pressing with your fingers.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until crust starts to turn golden brown.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, flour and pumpkin butter in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- When crust comes out of the oven, place the Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses evenly on the crust.
- Pour the filling mixture around the candies.
- Bake 30 minutes, until filling is puffed and set in the middle.
- Cut into 16 2×2-inch squares. Enjoy!
More Halloween Recipes
- Mummy Twinkies Pops
- Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats
- Candy Corn Krispie Treats
- Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
- Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs
- Spider Deviled Eggs
This post is sponsored by Global Influence with product provided by Hershey’s. All opinions are my own.