These Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats are frightfully fun and super easy to decorate for Halloween!
I’m not even going to lie. I am up to my eyes in candy and treats, and it’s not even Halloween yet! My daughter and I have been baking up a storm for a few events that we’re attending this season. It seems that just when we’ve thought of everything, a fun, new idea pops up and we have to test it out. Case and point with these DELICIOUSLY ADORABLE Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats.
We came up with the idea right after we made a batch of Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treat— and I am so glad we did!
I already know these Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats are going to be a hit, and as a bonus, they’re super easy to make— taking just a few extra steps after the traditional Rice Krispies Treats recipe.
You could also add lollipop sticks or paper straws and make these into “pops,” similar to these Mummy Twinkies Pops.
Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 oz marshmallows regular or mini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag white Wilton Candy Melts
- 2 tablespoons Crisco vegetable or coconut oil
- 6 Crushed Oreo Cookies just the chocolate parts
- a few drops green food coloring
- Black decorating gel
- 24 candy eyes
- In large saucepan or stockpot, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using an oiled spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 1″-2″ pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool. (This would be a good time to prep candy melts).
- Cut treats into squares.
- Melt one bag of Wilton Candy Melts in the microwave or double boiler. You can easily make a double boiler with a saucepan and a heatproof bowl (glass, metal, Pyrex). Fill the saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Place heatproof bowl with melting chocolate on top of saucepan, making sure the bowl fits snugly.
- Add 2 tablespoons shortening or oil to melted chocolate. Stir. This additional step yields a smoother melting chocolate.
- Add drops of green food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Dip 3/4 of each Krispies treat into the melted chocolate. Set on parchment paper and add candy eyes, crushed chocolate cookies (to resemble hair) use the black decorating gel to create funny/spooky Frankenstein mouths.
- Let set to harden or transfer parchment paper to the fridge for a quick set. Enjoy!
Kellogg’s Rice Krispies, 24 OunceJet Regular Marshmallow – 10 ozWilton Candy Wafer Melts, Vibrant GreenWilton Black Sparkle GelFestival Candy Eyes Treat Toppers, 2.9 OunceOreo Chocolate Sandwich CookiesStainless Universal Double BoilerLollipop sticks 100 count 6 inch
Other Halloween Recipes You Might Like:
- Mini Mummy Pizzas
- Jack-O-Lantern Cupcakes
- Halloween Spider Cookies
- Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
- Mummy Twinkies Pops
- Spider Deviled Eggs
- Candy Corn Krispie Treats
- Easy Dracula Donuts
- Mummy Hot Dogs
- Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats