Disney's FROZEN is finally (FINALLY!) out on Blu-Ray and DVD. I, for one, am beyond excited. I traveled to Los Angeles last year for the red carpet premiere, and since then my household has been obsessed with all things FROZEN. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I whipped up some Frozen Chocolate-Covered Popcorn for my daughter and I to munch on while we watched the movie tonight. Loaded with blue and white chocolate ribbons, shredded coconut and candy sprinkles, this Frozen-themed popcorn snack is sure to be a hit.
Frozen Chocolate-Covered Popcorn Treat
- 1 bag lightly salted popcorn (the combo of sweet and salty is oh so delicious!)
- 1/2 bag white Wilton Candy Melts
- Shredded coconut
- Blue Candy Sprinkles
- White candy pearl sprinkles
- Blue food coloring
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 Ziploc bags (any size)
- Pop bag of popcorn and place in a large bowl.
- Melt 1/2 bag of Wilton Candy Melts in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, the microwave method can be used, though, you can easily make your own double boiler with a saucepan and a heatproof bowl (glass, metal, Pyrex). Fill the saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Place heatproof bowl with melting chocolate on top on saucepan, making sure the bowl fits snugly.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and stir until smooth.
- Scoop half of the melted white chocolate into a ziploc bag. Be careful when handling as it will be hot. Snip a small corner of the bag and drizzle ribbons of white chocolate on top of popcorn.
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring to the remaining white chocolate. Repeat step 4 with the blue colored chocolate, drizzling over popcorn.
- Add desired amount of shredded coconut and blue/white candy sprinkles.
- ENJOY at your next FROZEN movie night!
Be sure to pick up your own copy of Disney's FROZEN on Blu-ray Combo Pack today!
Haven't seen it? Check out of my FROZEN movie review.
This is so cute! Going to try it for our girls. Thanks!
Thanks so much for the birthday idea!