Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and I know many of you are looking for holiday themed desserts and treats. I have quite a few Valentine’s Day recipes on the blog already, but today I’m bringing you an easy to make, no cooking required, V-Day idea that your kids are going to love! You can pop one or two of these Fruit Roll-Up Fortune Cookies in their lunch box, or even better, Bento Box, for a sweet surprise with an optional ‘I love you’ message.
DIY Fruit Roll-Up Fortune Cookies
- 1 box of Fruit Roll-Ups
- Medium Circle Cookie Cutter
- Parchment Paper
- Fine Point Permanent Marker
- Use circle cookie cutter to cut out two circles from each fruit roll-up - removing scraps.
- Place two circle together directly on top of each other (they hold together better when doubled).
- Cut out thin rectangular strips from parchment paper. Using a fine point permanent marker, write out messages to place in each fortune cookie.
- Place a fortune in the upper half of the doubled fruit-rollup circle. Take the bottom half of fruit roll-up circle and fold it up to meet the top – slightly pinching the ends together so it holds.
- Keeping your pointer finger in the bottom center of the fruit-roll up, gently fold the two ends down with your thumb and middle finger, allowing both ends to meet.
Simple, cute and fun to make — Feel free to send these cute fortunes all year long!
I haven’t tried this, but you may be able to make these with this homemade fruit roll ups recipe.