This Cherry Dump Cake recipe is as easy as pie! Crockpot Dump Cake is as delicious as it sounds— just dump all the ingredients in your Crock Pot or Slow Cooker and have a delicious dessert in no time.
As soon as the spring and summer hits, I start to crave one of my all-time favorite fruits— cherries! There is just something amazing about their sweet and tart flavor. I’m a big fan of pies, but I never have enough time to bake them up from scratch. What I do have time for is Crock Pot dump cake.
Crockpot Dump Cake
What’s a Crock Pot dump cake? Only one of the simplest, most delicious, desserts on the planet!
You can make a hundred different varieties of Crock Pot dump cake, but since I’m currently craving cherries, that’s the one I’m making today. The best part of this recipe is that it’s made entirely in a slow cooker or Crock Pot.
You literally dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker and in 2-4 hours you’re good to go! Top this delicious cherry dump cake dessert with a scoop of ice cream, and you’ll be in cherry nirvana.
This Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake is also perfect for when you need to feed a crowd.
Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
Crock Pot Cherry Dump Cake Ingredients:
How to Make a Dump Cake:
1. Combine melted butter and cake mix in a bowl. Mix until well distributed.
2. Grease slow cooker with a small amount of butter.
3. Spread contents of both cans of cherries on bottom of the slow cooker.
4. Crumble butter mixture over top of cherries.
5. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours
Can Cherry Dump Cake Be Made Ahead?
The beauty of Crock Pot Dump Cake is that it can be made ahead of serving, assuming you are serving it on the same day. You can put the ingredients in hours before it’s ready to serve and then keep it on the warm setting. If you must, you can make dump cake a day in advance, let cool completely, and then store in the refrigerator. It’s possible to then reheat in the Crock Pot on the warm setting. Be aware that the consistency may change and Crock Pot dump cake is best enjoyed warm on the same day it’s made in the slow cooker.
Can Cherry Dump Cake Be Frozen?
Yes! Dump cake can be frozen if you let it cool completely before placing it in the freezer in an airtight container. When ready to serve, defrost in the refrigerator. Dump cake can be enjoyed chilled or warm.
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 42 oz Cherry Pie Filling 2 cans
- 1/2 cup melted Butter
- Combine melted butter and cake mix in a bowl. Mix until well distributed.
- Grease slow cooker.
- Spread contents of both cans of cherries on bottom of slow cooker.
- Crumble butter mixture over top of cherries.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
Want to Make Cherry Crockpot Dump Cake? You might find these useful:
Other Dessert Recipes You Might Like:
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- Nutella Stuffed Croissants
- Homemade Vanilla Macarons
- Black Bean Brownies
- Vanilla Bean Scones
- Copycat Cosmic Brownies
- Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- Coconut Poke Cake
- Peach Cobbler with Cream Cheese