Need a quick and easy appetizer or lunch recipe? Try these chilled Veggie Pizza Crescent Bites, made with crescent rolls, cream cheese ranch dip, and fresh veggies.
My favorite recipes are the ones that are super simple to make. I don’t always have a lot of time to prepare meals from scratch, which is why I sometimes rely on convenience items. One that always comes in handy is crescent rolls as they work well as a pizza crust in a pinch.
Sure, you could top crescent rolls with marinara sauce and cheese and call it a day— or you could spend the same amount of time and spread on homemade ranch dip (takes literally seconds to make) and top with chopped fresh veggies to make a veggie pizza appetizer that can be served for lunch, dinner or as a snack. I know which one I would choose.
As I said, these veggie pizza crescent bites are incredibly easy to prepare. The recipe as posted is vegetarian, but you could also top with diced and chilled chicken for a heartier appetizer or snack. The vegetable toppings can also be modified based on what’s in season.
Veggie Pizza Crescent Bites Recipe
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 packet (1/3 cup) dry ranch dressing mix
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup cucumber slices, cut in quarters
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded
- Heat oven to 375.
- Unroll both cans and press dough into bottom and sides of ungreased raised edge baking sheet or cookie pan,
- Bake 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and dressing mix until blended.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Arrange vegetables.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Want to make these Veggie Pizza Crescent Bites? You might find these useful:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix, 16 OunceRachael Ray Oven Lovin’ Nonstick Bakeware 3-Piece Baking and Cookie Pan SetGourmet Home Products 6 Piece Nested Polypropylene Mixing Bowl Set, Orange