If you’re a candy corn lover, this recipe for Candy Corn Magic Bars is not to be missed! Enjoy it now and throughout the fall season.
I’m not sure how or when Magic Cookie Bars, also known as 7 Layer Cookie Bars and Hello Dolly bars, became popular, but I’ve been eating them since I was a kid. The special ingredient is condensed milk, with most recipes calling specifically for Eagle Brand condensed milk (honestly, you could use any brand, but Eagle Brand is the most popular).
Magic Cookie Bars are great because they combine so many delicious ingredients, including graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips, nuts and coconut flakes. You can make them for any occasion, and they will always be a hit.
But if you want to take the classic Magic Cookie Bars recipe up a notch for Halloween and Fall, then Candy Corn Magic Bars are the answer for a decadent and sweet seasonal dessert.
In this Candy Corn Magic Cookie Bars recipe, candy corn is substituted for nuts, but if you want to go crazy, you could add a 1/2 cup or so of your favorite variety. Additionally, white candy melts are added for more fall flavor. These magic cookie bars are beautifully colored for the season, giving them even more of a WOW factor when serving or gifting.
Candy Corn Magic Bars Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1-1/2 cups Wilton white candy melts or white chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips or use peanut butter chips, if you prefer
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil and spray with a non-coating spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Stir until well mixed.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle the white baking chips on top of the graham cracker mixture.
- Add the butterscotch chips and chocolate chunks/chips on top of the white baking chips.
- Place the coconut flakes on top of the butterscotch and chocolate chips.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk on top of the coconut.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes (depending on oven temperatures) or until the coconut on the sides begins to darken.
- Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Immediately, press the candy corn gently into the hot magic bars mixture. The heat will allow the candy corn to stick to the gooey coconut. Allow pan to completely cool.
- Once cooled, slice into bars and ENJOY!!
Have extra candy corn from Halloween? Use it to make Leftover Halloween Candy Cookie Bars!
Want to make Candy Corn Magic Bars? You might find these useful:
Brach’s Candy Corn Resealable Value BagBorden Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed MilkKeebler Graham Cracker Crumbs, Bulk 3 Lb. BagWilton Candy Dips, WhiteNestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate ChunksNestle Toll House Butterscotch MorselsUnsweetened Coconut Shredded, Fine Shred, 8 ozPyrex Basics Clear Oblong Glass Baking Dishes, 2 Piece
More Halloween Recipes You Might Like:
- Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats
- Jack-O-Lantern Cupcakes
- Halloween Spider Cookies
- Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
- Mummy Twinkies Pops