Looking for something cute, a little spooky, and super yummy for a Halloween themed treat? Peanut butter spider cookies are the answer! I’m going to admit, these cookies show my weakness for one of my favorite flavor pairings— peanut butter and chocolate! They’re simple and delicious! With only a couple extra ingredients, you’re taking basic peanut butter cookies to the next level for Halloween.
Just think of your child’s eyes lighting up as they open their lunch at school and discover one of these peanut butter spider cookies looking back at them! Whether you’re making these for a cute and creepy snack leading up to Halloween, or you’ve got a Halloween party planned and need to serve a fun treat to a crowd, this chocolate peanut butter spider cookies recipe will give you extra mom points, for sure!
Halloween Peanut Butter Spider Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar (for rolling)
- 48 miniature Reese's cups, unwrapped and frozen
- 96 candy eyes
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, beat together shortening, peanut butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended.
- Form into 1" balls.
- Roll in sugar and place a couple of inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately, gently press an upside down frozen peanut butter cupon top of each cookie and move to wire rack to cool.
- After placing and moving all of the cookies on the wire rack. put in place the candy eyes while chocolate is still slightly soft.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow cookies to firm.
- Place chocolate chips in corner of zippered sandwich bag.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, knead and repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Clip very small piece off of corner of bag to allow for piping and draw 8 legs on each spider cookie.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow legs to set.
Feel free to post this image on Pinterest – Just hover over the image and click “Pin It”
More Halloween Recipes
- Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
- Mummy Twinkies Pops
- Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats
- Candy Corn Krispie Treats
- Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses Bars
- Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs
- Spider Deviled Eggs
This post includes affiliate shopping links – thank you for your support!