Have you ever needed a bunch of inexpensive gifts at the last minute, and then racked your brain for hours on what to give? I totally have. Last year my daughter had a holiday function where the kids had to exchange a little treat with everyone in the class. I was unaware of this until the prior afternoon, which prompted a frantic search on Pinterest for cute ideas that didn’t require much effort.
My go-to DIY gift for parents is either Peppermint Sugar Scrub or Gingerbread Sugar Scrub (both are always a hit!), but kids can be a little trickier. Thankfully I came across an idea for Reindeer Hot Cocoa Mixes that fit the bill perfectly … I mean, who doesn’t love hot chocolate during the holidays!?
The DIY Rudolph Hot Cocoa Holiday Gifts were such a hit that I made another batch this year with matching printable gift tags. I made so many extras that I’m using them as little tokens of appreciation for neighbors and acquaintances, who we would normally not gift a present to. I thought the Rudolph hot cocoa mixes with marshmallows and mini chocolate chips would bring a little holiday cheer, and so far it’s been working! Here’s how to make them with FREE printable gift tags:
DIY Rudolph Hot Cocoa Holiday Gifts
Materials Needed for Each Rudolph Hot Cocoa Packet:
- 2 Piping Bags
- 1 Hot Chocolate Packet
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 red pom-pom ball
- 2 wiggle eyes
- Tan or brown pipe cleaner
- Printable Gift Tags (print on white cardstock for best results)
Also Required for Craft:
- Pour hot cocoa mix into the piping bag, pushing it all the way to the tip.
- Cut off the top of the piping bag at approximately 2 inches above the top of the hot cocoa. Fold the excess two inches of the piping bag in and down – staple to close.
- Put the bag of hot cocoa into another piping bag and flatten.
- Layer in mini chocolate chips.
- Add a layer of marshmallows.
- Cinch the top of the bag and tie on a ribbon.
- Cut out a gift tag and punch a hole in the top. Weave the ribbon through the hole and knot it to hold the gift tag in place.
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around the bag – just above the ribbon. Shape it into antlers.
- Place wiggle eyes near the top of the hot cocoa mix and glue in place.
- Glue a pom-pom near the tip of the bag for Rudolph’s nose.
- Trim off the excess piping bag above antlers.
More Holiday Crafts:
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
- Santa Beard Advent Calendar
- Snowman Play Dough Kit
- Holiday Mason Jar Floating Candle